Our organic diets use ingredients grown without the use of pesticides, or chemical fertilizers. Our organic livestock is raised without prophylactic use of antibiotics and animal welfare is at the heart of the system, providing a truly free-range life for farm animals.
Our organic diets are designed and manufactured with all of the care and health expertise that you expect of a brand of veterinary pet nutrition but made with organic ingredients
What does Organic Mean?
- Organic farmers maintain soil quality without the use of chemical fertilisers by rotating different crops and adding natural organic matter such as compost or manure
- Organic farmers manage disease and pests without the use of pesticides by developing nutrient-rich soil that gives strong, healthy crops that are resistant to disease and by encouraging wildlife to help control pests and disease
- Organic farmers manage disease, in animals, without the routine and prophylactic use of drugs and antibiotics. Organic farmers use natural methods such as moving animals to fresh pasture and by keeping smaller herd and flock sizes in healthier conditions
- Organic farmers rear animals in an environment that provides both space and allows the animals to satisfy their natural instincts, not only meeting animal welfare needs but also producing healthy and robust animals
Organic chicken are reared in an environment that provides the space and means to meet their natural instincts. They can engage in pawing and pecking and are given a special litter in which they can dust bathe whilst raised perches help keep the flock calm and maintains the natural flock hierarchy. They have more space than those in conventional chicken farming with barn and outdoor space and with each animal having four square meters of well-structured green space.
Organic cows spend around 200 days a year at pasture. When they need to come in their accommodation is large and with lie-back areas where they can lie on deep straw, untreated wood shavings or rushes. They are fed a 100% organic diet - when outside they graze on organically grown grass and clover, grown without artificial fertilizers. When indoors they feed on silage or hay and other organic cereals. These feeds coming either from the same farm or, when that is not possible, from organic farms in the same region. They are reared as suckler herds where they are kept in family groups with the calf sucking until the end of weaning, at least 3 months
Organic pigs are kept in conditions that allow them to engage in natural behaviour of rooting, digging up grass with their snout. They like to explore and they are curious and social. To allow them to do this they are given plenty of outdoor space. They are kept in family groups and, importantly, have outdoor access all year round. Indoor housing is allowed during severe weather but they have plenty of straw bedding and access to an outdoor runs. They are fed a mainly grain based diet from 100% locally produced organic origin – preferably from the same farm
Wild caught fish, that we mostly use in SPECIFC diets, can not be certified as organic. For our organic fish diets, we have used farmed fish from organic certified fish farms.
Organic certified fish are fed on the parts of the fish not wanted for human food – the head, frame and tails, and only using fish caught in fisheries certified as sustainable. Any plant material fed to farmed organic fish must come from certified organic farms.
Organic farmed fish are reared in sea cages and inland ponds with much lower stocking density. This lower stocking density reduces stress on the fish, improving heath and creates less environmental impact by reducing the amount is uneaten feed and faecal waste.
We are delighted to be able to say that our new range of organic diets are in recyclable packaging.
This is merely the start and we are committed to having all of our products in recyclable packaging by 2023.
Most dry pet food bags are made from two or three layers of different types of plastic making them mostly unsuitable for recycling.
Our new recyclable packaging is made from layers of the same type of plastic, with a gas barrier between the layers, giving all of the food protection in a form more suitable for recycling
Our Organic cat diets
- A complete range of organic everyday wet and dry diets and treats for cats
- Wet diets made with fresh organic chicken and organic fish
- Dry diets made with fresh organic chicken and turkey and millet, rice and maize with at least 95% of ingredients from controlled, certified organic origin
- Treats with 80% fresh organic chicken, beef and pork